Does that sound better than a Neil-free weekend? Neil is gone at a bachelor party this weekend. They’re going trout fishing in Arkansas. Apparently there are no trout in Missouri, or they’re very elusive or lackluster. He and I are very rarely apart. We are together, whether it be in-person or online…nearly all day. While at work, we’re synced through instant messaging, constantly bouncing ideas off one another or sharing random internet memes. I would venture to guess that most of the couples we know don’t even spend half the time with their spouse that Neil and I are together. That’s not a bad thing or a good thing. I’m not incapable of being without him. I can function, and get quite a bit done. Sometimes I even try new things. But its definitely a noticeable feeling of absence.
So to convince myself I was still hip, I started thinking about what I was going to do with myself yesterday. I realized quite quickly that I’m definitely getting older in the lame way. Here was my list of ideas — this is seriously the order they came in too, it’s really come to this level of…weaksauce.
- 1. Clean the forgotten basement bathroom we never use that still manages to get dirty.
- 2. Make (never home)maker’s banana soft serve and experiment with strange flavor and ingredient combinations.
- 3. Furminate the felines.
- 4. Try crocheting again…
- 5. Finally finish my portfolio website.
- 6. Pick 6 beer at Hy-Vee and watch the whole season of Real Housewives of New Jersey (okay that’s not so lame right?)
- 7. Categorize the books by Dewey Decimal.
- 8. Start making Clive’s Halloween Costume.
- 9. Dinner with all the foods Neil hates or tries to ban from the house.
It went downhill from there. Somewhere around #30 I realized none of my choices really involved leaving the house, and that I can’t have all that much rebellious fun when I eat healthy, rarely drink, and don’t like to stay up past 11pm. Ah well.
I hope all of you have a fantastic weekend, and if you have anything you’d like me to try, feel free to leave a comment below. Could make for some interesting Monday entertainment.
You may also like