I received this great sprouting jar and a generous supply of seeds from my mother-in-law for my birthday. It is my second sprouting container, my first being more in this style. I know, what kind of freak needs two right? I love sprouting my own seeds, the benefits are countless:
- Sprouts are low in calories: With as little as 10 calories an ounce they contain protein, healthy carbs and fat that are perfect for anyone watching what they eat.
- Sprouts contain oxygen: Because sprouts are a raw living food, they contain oxygen. Oxygen rich foods are great immune boosters and can ward off viruses. They are excellent sources of vitamin B and C and are a great antioxidant.
- Sprouts have an alkalizing affect on the body: You need to be alkaline to achieve optimum health, and alkaline-rich sprouts are a great offset to the many toxins and foods that offset your balance.
- Sprouts are rich in EFA’s: Sprouts are rich in fatty acids that are needed for basic body functions. Sprouts are rich in these fats which can aid in maintaining metabolism and boosting immunity.
- Sprouts are a natural source of fiber: Fiber-rich foods not only aid in digestion but keep you feeling fuller between meals.
All these and best yet, they are so easy to grow, and organically to boot. They can be grown indoors year-round and are an inexpensive and versatile food. I can’t recommend them enough, especially if you are vegetarian/vegan.
And if you haven’t had a chance yet, check out some of our new features and link up your blog in the share!
You may also like
I have never grown my own sprouts, but I love them. Great post. Thanks!
Oooh… love this! My husband will want to try this.
Oo! I want a sprouting jar now! How neat.