Is it just me or did this weekend just fly by? I’m so not ready for work tomorrow. I feel like weeks in January and February take forever, but the weekends feel like mere hours long. It’s so unfair! At least we’ve all but tied up January, and albeit short, this weekend was pretty productive. Here’s what we managed to cross off:
- We did our taxes: Full of exciting surprise and consequent groans, we are excited that our business exploded in 2011, but not excited about giving it to “the man.” More about that soon!
- We went live with out latest project: Our latest freelance baby is live and I can’t wait to wait for the official launch of Hoosier Homemade’s redesign. She creates beautiful food and DIY projects, so definitely give her great content and new look a …look!
- We met with our next client — and had dinner! Since most of our clients live out-of-state, we’re excited to work with some friends of ours who live right here in Columbia. We met for dinner on Friday at one of our favorite restaurants and discussed all the details. Excited to start this week!
- We played computer games: Hey, fun is important too!
- We bought a collar. And added to our family.
Okay, I won’t leave you hanging on #5. Two weeks ago, we came across an ad for a Boston Terrier. An adorable, pudgy little girl who needed a new home. We’ve been considering a second dog for nearly a year, so after we sopped up our melted hearts, we brought her home for a two-week “trial” visit. By the fourth day, we were a four-pet family.
Matilda or “Tilda” has quickly become Clive’s best friend. They go everywhere together, delight in tearing up and down the hallway, and currently as I type this, are spooning under a blanket under my arm. Even the cats like her. It’s as if she knew exactly what we were missing.
So we donated money to the rescue, and picked out a bright pink collar with a paisley pattern. I’m not normally for pink, but it suits her, she’s definitely a bright little light in our otherwise cold, grey January.
Think we’re crazy yet? How did your weekend fly by?
You may also like