Big news that I wanted to share ahead of actually getting a full weekly recap up: we’re having a little girl! The ultrasound tech was right! We are so excited! If she’s anything like me, I’m definitely in for it. Hopefully she’ll forgive me for posting her lady parts on the internet. We also got some of the best pictures of her we have to date and I’ll share more of those next week (thinking of combining weeks 20-21).
I think I finally got my first craving! The other day after my workout, Neil walked over to me and I said, “I want nothing more than a tuna sandwich on sourdough.” I had several more hours before my shift was over at the gym, however he left to take care of a few errands. When I arrived home, there was homemade chicken noodle soup, and a tuna sandwich on sourdough waiting for me. Weird craving, super husband.
Here’s a little Friday Link-Up of some awesome things I’ve come across this week!
- This Black Pepper Cauliflower Salad looks like the perfect take-along to a barbecue… (via 101 Cookbooks)
- A Faux Pigeon Pie inspired by Game of Thrones? Yes! (via A Table For Two)
- Positively beautiful, and so so simple! Baked Eggs with Spinach and Mushrooms (via Smitten Kitchen)
- Passover Rocky Road — this would not last long around here (via Food52)
- A new way to do sweet potato fries is always appreciated! Crispy Sweet Potato Straws (via Edible Perspective)
- I would love nothing more than to eliminate my paper towel habit, maybe this would help? (via That Short Girl’s Blog)
- These jump boxes would be the cutest/fun addition to the baby’s room don’t you think? (via Apartment Therapy)
- I’ve always wanted to try making a sugar scrub, do they live up to the hype? (via Smart Schoolhouse)
- Excellent read! On CrossFit and Risk (via Julie Foucher/HuffingtonPost)
- Squats, Pregnancy, and Relaxin: Are Deep Squats Safe? (via Tabata Times)
- CrossFit.com Programming Analysis: Part 1 (via Beyond the Whiteboard)
We are off to Omaha for Neil’s race and my brother’s first half-marathon, so have a great weekend!
You may also like
YAY — so exciting! Congratulations!